After awaking and shaking off the remains of the night before aka my hangover and drink stained shirt I hopped on a train to Vienna to meet Lauren and Brette, sisters who go to the U and are also members of my favorite sorority Alpha Chi Omega! After enduring the two and a half hour train ride to Vienna it was a beautiful day so I walked from the train station in the south of Vienna to the North train station where Lauren and Brette were to be dropped off.
After finding the girls and excitedly greeting each other for the first time since December we made our way to the girls' youth hostel, got them settled and then were off to meet my host family. Funny side story, as I was in full tour guide mode, and describing some Viennese historical fact, I was crossing the street and looking directly at the girls and I some how managed to run directly into a van. Like full on body slammed this automobile, of course my reaction was to scream at the top of my lungs, "I JUST RAN INTO A VAN! OMG!" It was quite humorous and we giggled all the way to my host family's apartment. Sad for us my host family already had guests arriving so we were not able to experience my host mothers amazing cooking and hospitality but I was glad I was able to show my friends such important people from my life in Vienna.
Once we hit the mean streets of Vienna we walked around the city center taking in the sights of Stephansdom, the Hofburg, Karlsplatz, etc. After getting hungry walking around I suggested we eat a Centimeter a fairly cheap place. We ordered and waited forever for our food, after finishing we waited a good hour and a half for the bill. Getting fed up I went to the bar with a 50 euro note and attempted to pay but they told us to wait yet again. Completely frustrated we left after waiting an additional 30 minutes. I feel we were justified but Karma later made me pay dearly for such actions. (albeit 2-3 months later)
After dining and ditching we made our way to Lisa's apartment and had a coffee and decided to call it a night since we were all quite tired. So I walked the girls back to their hostel and then met Lisa at a bar for a quick drink then we went back to her apartment and rested our sleepy heads.
The next day we met up again and went to Schonbrunn, Oper, we ate Sachertorte and sipped coffee at Cafe Central, grabbed some ice cream, hung out with Lisa in the park for a bit, at at a calzone place and then the girls saw me off for my train back to Graz and they continued on their way to Salzburg. It was so great getting to show my city to friends from back home. I had such a great time with the girls and I hope they did as well.
Up Next: My Italian Escape!
No comments:
Post a Comment