Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wait...I was in Venice?


















Yes, it is true, I was there! It seems so surreal, everything that is happening in my life right now just seems like a dream. So many great opportunities and adventures seem to have wiggled their way in front of me and I am so happy they have. But enough of that emotional stuff and on to the more dramatic and comical parts of my trip which are indeed quite crazy.
As stated earlier, I would be arriving to Venice via Party train and I was not about to leave that train without drinking my fair share of alcohol, a task which I most heroically took upon myself, leaving only my ego a bit bruised. The story is as follows: It was Friday night and I had just finished my intensive German course test and felt as though only a stiff drink would cure my nerves. Needless to say I downed a whole bottle of red wine in about a half hour aka good to go. So I made my way with a bunch of exchange student friends to the Hauptbahnhof (Main train station) in Graz and proceeded to travel to Bruck am der Mur which is a town about 40 mins away in order to catch our beloved party train.
After waiting for about a half hour our Harry Potter-esque train pulled into the station. I feel it is necessary to describe the train a bit. First off it was a normal train with normal passengers, then on the back they had added about 8 extra wagons which were reserved for us soon to be drunken exchange students. There were about 7 sleeping wagons and a disco wagon with a dj, lights and everything. In each wagon there were about 7-9 cabins which slept 6 people each, meaning there were a good 300 exchange students on this train.
As we walked onto the platform it was snowing and the train seemed to never end so it looked really cool, especially when we passed the disco wagon and heard the drunken screams of our fellow exchange students bumping and grinding to Usher's "Yeah". At this point I was in a full out sprint to get on the train and find a bar. Which I was able to accomplish in a jiffy.
I shucked my things in my cabin and rushed off to the bar. The bar ended up being the volunteers cabin stocked full of the cheapest alcohol Austria has to offer and I wouldn't have it any other way! I ordered a vodka orange and decided I should order two since the line was long. After I got my drinks I downed them in an instant and returned to the line determined to get even more hammered. The second time around I had my wits about me and asked for two vodka oranges with a splash of orange. This worked out perfectly! After I got my pure vodka shots I hung around the cramped bar to wait for a friend, at which point I saw out of the corner of my little eye a bottle of rum. Those who have drank with me before know rum holds a special place in my alcoholic heart and I knew I had to have it. So when the intoxicated bartender was distracted by a little South American girl with a remarkable rack I stealthily extended my scrawny 12 year old girl arm and snatched the bottle and ran back to my cabin to show the rest of my friends my remarkable treasure.
And that is where it all ends. I don't remember anything else the entire way to Venice which was about a seven hour train ride.
Except that is for one 30 second clip. Where I grab some random (I cannot recall the name, place of origin, hair color, eye color, or clothing of this random) by the hand and led them into the piss and puke covered bathroom for a make out sesh. After that it all goes back to black. Only Jesus knows what preceded and proceeded these events, and at this point in my life I am sure he doesn't want to talk to me.
I awoke the next morning to a lady entering what I thought was my cabin telling me we would be in Venice in 10 minutes. I opened my vampire eyes and found five Latin girls looking at me and telling me they were surprised I was alive (always a good start). I jumped down from my bunk, which I realized wasn't even mine and stumbled out into the hall and proceeded to scream out, "Where the HELL is my stuff" Like a true alcoholic I eventually found my things in one place and nearly ran over my fellow exchange students as I began to barf into the lovely toilets in the train.
After my cleansing session I brushed my teeth, put on my stunner shades and exited the train to start my day in Venice.
Venice was beautiful and amazing. It is truly a sight to behold. No pictures can do it justice, I kept walking around asking if it was all real. While I was there I bought a mask, ate Italian pizza, pasta, and ice cream, and threw up in the streets of Venice. It was my own personal way of giving back to the city. Now I am just wondering whether I can get philanthropy hours for my most noble deed.
By the end of the day I was a walking Zombie whose shoes and jeans had little bits of puke adding the perfect accessory to my outfit. We returned to the train at 11:30pm and I passed the fuck out for most of the ride back to Graz.
In my next post I will describe my first day of school, which was as imagined eventful. Also I edited my posts so that everyone can add a comment at the end of my posts so make sure to leave a comment if you feel like it! Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. omg "my own personal way of giving back to the city" and "after my cleansing session... start my day in Venice" bit is fucking hilarious
    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete